With last Friday night’s Sectional win over Sevier County, the Admirals return to the State Tournament in the Spring Fling in Murfreesboro. This marks the third consecutive year for the Admirals in the State Tournament – 2019, 2021, and 2022. There was no tournament in 2020. This marks the inaugural Class 4A State Tournament. Prior visits have been in the Class 3A tournament, except in 1982.
The Admirals were State Champions in 2019 and finished tied for third in 2021, when Science Hill was crowned State Champion.
Some Admiral State Tournament history:
Past State Tournament Appearances 20 (2021)
Past State Championships 10 (1982, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2019)
Past State Runners-Up 5 (1999, 2001, 2002, 2013, 2015)
State Tournament Record (61-23)
- 2022 District 4 Champions – Region 2 Champions
- Consecutive state tournament appearances: 2001-06 (5); 2008-16 (9); 2019-22 (3).
- Consecutive state championships: 2003-04 (2); 2008-11 (4).
- They won their first championship in their first appearance in 1982 after defeating Baylor and facing Christian Brothers and winning the best-of-three series, 2-1 (2-1, 1-7, 4-3). They finished the season (26-5).
- They finished as runners-up for the sixth time in 2015 after shutting out East Hamilton, losing to Houston, defeating Ravenwood, and defeating Houston twice before losing to Hardin Valley, 10-2.
- They won their tenth championship in 2019 after defeating Bartlett, Summit, Bartlett for the second time, and Bradley Central, finishing the season (42-3).
- Their last appearance was in 2021 where they shut out McMinn Co., lost to Hardin Co., defeated Clarksville, and lost to Hardin Co. in the lower bracket final, 3-1.
The Admirals’ games will be broadcast on WFIV, FM105.3 with Erik Gerhardt and Ralph Skinner on the call. Airtime will be approximately 10 minutes prior to first pitch.